How Are Files Saved
Files are saved to the document manager by:
- Saving them to the current directory opened in the document manager.
- Or overridding the file to be saved to any other directory, as defined within the document manager.
Files can be:
- be copied from other files or directories.
- Printed directly to your document manager (bypassing any printers).
- Saved from your email system, as an email message.
- Printed from your email system.
- Saved from any application, i.e. word, excel etc.
- Scanned to the document manager.
- Loaded from the portal.
- Loaded directly from your emails using another email processing system.
Note: Print to file software is part of the document management package.
The document manager can manage and retrieve files from different platforms.
To the operator; all files appear local. However the document manager can have the files located in multiple locations including:
- Local Drives
- Cloud systems, i.e. Google Drive and DropBox,
- Network drives,
- Mapped drives (i.e. files located on an attached PC,
- Attached hard drives, and NAS drives.
(Note: file security controls access to files and locations the user is not authorised to.)
When loading the files to the document manager, you have the option of:
- Accepting the name the file has been given
- Modelling the name after another file in the directory
- Using the naming template to assign a meaningful and consistent name to the file.